The National Map partnership network cultivates and maintains long-term relationships with
partners and develops agreements for The National Map and other initiatives that support USGS
science. Partnerships are the foundation The National Map because they leverage funding across
organizations to provide significant cost savings, reduce redundancy in geospatial data acquisition and
stewardship, and ensure availability of common base data to a broad range of users and applications.
15th Annual OKSCAUG Conference and Training
The 15th Annual OKSCAUG Conference will be held on Monday September 24, through Thursday September 27, 2012, at the Moore Norman Technology Center in Oklahoma City, OK.
July 30, 2012
17th Annual Inter-Tribal Environmental Council (ITEC) Conference Coming in August 2012
The ITEC (Inter-Tribal Environmental Council) 17th Annual Conference will be held at the Hard Rock Hotel in Catoosa, OK August 7-8, 2012.
July 30, 2012
Oklahoma High Resolution Urban Areas 2010 Orthoimagery Available
Oklahoma City and Tulsa Urban Area Orthoimagery Acquisition Projects: The USGS is a partner agency with the Central Oklahoma Allegiance of Government Agencies (COAGA), and with INCOG (Indian Nation Council of Governments) formed to develop...
November 7, 2011
Fiscal Year 2012 Highlights
- Federal Emergency Management Agency - Partnership to acquire over 1,085 square miles of lidar over areas in Oklahoma, FEMA Region VI, to support multiple studies including flood analysis and response, vegetation mapping, structures mapping, land use planning, and habitat modeling by providing high-resolution elevation data for analysis. Lidar collected for this project over Pottawatomie County is also being used by the USGS in the development of an Integrated Hydrology Model for the Citizen Potawatomi Nation (CPN). The lidar will help the CPN with development of a comprehensive water resources plan for social and economic development that honors the environmental protection and sustainability of tribal lands and resources.
- Science Support - Assisted USGS biology, geology, and water scientists in obtaining imagery, elevation, and other geospatial data.
- 3D Elevation Program Inventory - Validated information on known datasets and documented new datasets to update the national inventory of high-resolution elevation data - http://www.csc.noaa.gov/inventory/.
- Outreach - Conducted and coordinated National Geospatial Program outreach activities by attending a range of meetings, participating in conferences, and coordinating trainings and workshops to support the geospatial community in the State.
- Emergency Response - Liaisons provide general geospatial data discovery and acquisition assistance during emergencies as those events occur throughout the fiscal year.