The National Map partnership network cultivates and maintains long-term relationships with
partners and develops agreements for The National Map and other initiatives that support USGS
science. Partnerships are the foundation The National Map because they leverage funding across
organizations to provide significant cost savings, reduce redundancy in geospatial data acquisition and
stewardship, and ensure availability of common base data to a broad range of users and applications.
Success Story: New Jersey's Statewide NHD Conflation
In January, 2009, New Jersey's National Hydrography Datatset (NHD) stewards embarked on a project to conflate existing high resolution 1:24,000-scale NHD data to 1:2,400-scale local resolution hydrographic data delineated by aerial photo...
August 5, 2010
Fiscal Year 2012 Highlights
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - Partnership to acquire over 577 square miles of lidar over Sussex and Warren Counties to support multiple studies including flood analysis and response, vegetation mapping, structures mapping, land use planning, and habitat modeling by providing data for analysis.
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers - Partnership to acquire over 8,252 square miles of high-resolution imagery over the entire State of New Jersey as well as coverage into Pennsylvania along the Delaware River to support community planning, emergency response, and science, environmental, and mapping user communities.
- Science Support - Assisted USGS biology, geology, and water scientists in obtaining imagery, elevation, and other geospatial data.
- 3D Elevation Program Inventory - Validated information on known datasets and documented new datasets to update the national inventory of high-resolution elevation data - http://www.csc.noaa.gov/inventory/.
- Outreach - Conducted and coordinated National Geospatial Program outreach activities by attending a range of meetings, participating in conferences, and coordinating trainings and workshops to support the geospatial community in the State.
- Emergency Response - Liaisons provide general geospatial data discovery and acquisition assistance during emergencies as those events occur throughout the fiscal year.