The National Map partnership network cultivates and maintains long-term relationships with
partners and develops agreements for The National Map and other initiatives that support USGS
science. Partnerships are the foundation The National Map because they leverage funding across
organizations to provide significant cost savings, reduce redundancy in geospatial data acquisition and
stewardship, and ensure availability of common base data to a broad range of users and applications.
White Mountain National Forest Lidar
An agreement has been signed between USGS and White Mountain National Forest for lidar to be flown in the spring of 2010. The project will cover part of White Mountain National Forest lands.
March 9, 2010
Fiscal Year 2012 Highlights
- U.S. Forest Service, Natural Resources Conservation Service - Partnership to acquire over 213 square miles of lidar over White Mountain National Forest to support multiple studies including flood analysis and response, vegetation mapping, structures mapping, land use planning, and habitat modeling by providing data for analysis.
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency - Partnership to acquire over 163 square miles of high-resolution imagery over Concord to support community planning, emergency response, and science, environmental, and mapping user communities.
- Science Support - Assisted USGS biology, geology, and water scientists in obtaining imagery, elevation, and other geospatial data.
- 3D Elevation Program Inventory - Validated information on known datasets and documented new datasets to update the national inventory of high-resolution elevation data - http://www.csc.noaa.gov/inventory/.
- Outreach - Conducted and coordinated National Geospatial Program outreach activities by attending a range of meetings, participating in conferences, and coordinating trainings and workshops to support the geospatial community in the State.
- Emergency Response - Liaisons provide general geospatial data discovery and acquisition assistance during emergencies as those events occur throughout the fiscal year.