The National Map partnership network cultivates and maintains long-term relationships with
partners and develops agreements for The National Map and other initiatives that support USGS
science. Partnerships are the foundation The National Map because they leverage funding across
organizations to provide significant cost savings, reduce redundancy in geospatial data acquisition and
stewardship, and ensure availability of common base data to a broad range of users and applications.
St Louis 2012 Imagery Project
USGS-NGA East West Gateway Regional Council Imagery Project
December 20, 2012
Missouri 2013 Conference
The Missouri 2013 GIS Conference will be held 2/18-21 in St Louis. This years conference will include several site visits to public and private geospatial organizations in the area, along with short courses, presentations, and keynote speakers.
May 17, 2012
The USGS and the Missouri Department of Natural Resources (DNR) signed a Memorandum of Understanding to support stewardship of the National Hydrography Dataset (NHD) on June 22, 2011.
May 17, 2012
Fiscal Year 2012 Highlights
- Natural Resources Conservation Service, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers-Kansas City, State Emergency Management Agency, Department of Conservation, and St. Louis Metropolitian Sewer District - Partnership to acquire over 6,552 square miles of lidar over the Missouri and the Grand River Basins and the Shell Osage Conservation Area to support multiple studies including flood analysis and response, vegetation mapping, structures mapping, land use planning, and habitat modeling by providing data for analysis.
- Missouri Department of Natural Resources - Stewardship project to update the National Hydrography Dataset (NHD) in the State and use the Hydrography Event Management tool to create events. This includes outstanding national resource waters, losing streams, biocriteria reference segments, and total maximum daily loads.
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, East-West Gateway Council of Governments - Partnership to acquire over 1,692 square miles of high-resolution imagery over St Louis to support community planning, emergency response, and science, environmental, and mapping user communities.
- University of Missouri - Center for Applied Research and Environmental Systems - Stewardship project for continued maintenance of the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) for the State of Missouri.
- Science Support - Assisted USGS biology, geology, and water scientists in obtaining imagery, elevation, and other geospatial data.
- 3D Elevation Program Inventory - Validated information on known datasets and documented new datasets to update the national inventory of high-resolution elevation data - http://www.csc.noaa.gov/inventory/.
- Outreach - Conducted and coordinated National Geospatial Program outreach activities by attending a range of meetings, participating in conferences, and coordinating trainings and workshops to support the geospatial community in the State.
- Emergency Response - Liaisons provide general geospatial data discovery and acquisition assistance during emergencies as those events occur throughout the fiscal year.