The National Map partnership network cultivates and maintains long-term relationships with
partners and develops agreements for The National Map and other initiatives that support USGS
science. Partnerships are the foundation The National Map because they leverage funding across
organizations to provide significant cost savings, reduce redundancy in geospatial data acquisition and
stewardship, and ensure availability of common base data to a broad range of users and applications.
New US Topo's for Michigan now complete
Michigan now has complete coverage with 1,319 new 1:24,000-scale US Topo quadrangle maps. These maps are available online at no charge, along with all the historical USGS topographic maps for Michigan.
August 1, 2012
Kent County 12" imagery now Public Domain
Kent County, Michigan has just become the latest county to make 12" imagery available in the public domain. The 4-band imagery, collected in the spring of 2009, will be available for download through the USGS...
November 12, 2010
The Lansing-area Tri-County Regional Planning Commission
The Lansing-area Tri-County Regional Planning Commission (TCRPC) has partnered with the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) to generate updated, high-resolution orthoimagery of all three counties.
March 9, 2010
Fiscal Year 2012 Highlights
- Natural Resources Conservation Service - Partnership to acquire over 776 square miles of lidar over Dickinson County to support multiple studies including flood analysis and response, vegetation mapping, structures mapping, land use planning, and habitat modeling by providing data for analysis.
- Science Support - Assisted USGS biology, geology, and water scientists in obtaining imagery, elevation, and other geospatial data.
- 3D Elevation Program Inventory - Validated information on known datasets and documented new datasets to update the national inventory of high-resolution elevation data - http://www.csc.noaa.gov/inventory/.
- Outreach - Conducted and coordinated National Geospatial Program outreach activities by attending a range of meetings, participating in conferences, and coordinating trainings and workshops to support the geospatial community in the State.
- Emergency Response - Liaisons provide general geospatial data discovery and acquisition assistance during emergencies as those events occur throughout the fiscal year.