The National Map partnership network cultivates and maintains long-term relationships with
partners and develops agreements for The National Map and other initiatives that support USGS
science. Partnerships are the foundation of The National Map because they leverage funding across
organizations to provide significant cost savings, reduce redundancy in geospatial data acquisition and
stewardship, and ensure availability of common base data to a broad range of users and applications.
The Geospatial Liaison for Illinois will provide a presentation at College of DuPage on November 7, 2013.
November 5, 2013
Illinois GIS Association (ILGISA) 2011 Fall Conference
The ILGISA Fall Conference was held in Naperville, Illinois on October 18 & 19, 2011. The theme of the conference was "Open Source" with Paul Ramsey providing the Keynote. Paul Ramsey is a Geospatial Architect at Open Geo.
December 15, 2011
Illinois joined the MidAmerica GIS Consortium
The State of Illinois joined the MidAmerica GIS Consortium (MAGIC)! Read the press release: http://www.directionsmag.com/pressreleases/state-of-illinois-joins-midamerica-gis-consortium-magic/121588
November 9, 2010
Fiscal Year 2012 Highlights
- Illinois Water Science Center - Partnership to support the National Hydrography Dataset (NHD) through conflation work accomplished by the primary State Steward.
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Cook County - Partnership to acquire over 4,140 square miles of high-resolution imagery over Chicago (and surrounding counties) to support community planning, emergency response, and science, environmental, and mapping user communities.
- Science Support - Assisted USGS biology, geology, and water scientists in obtaining imagery, elevation, and other geospatial data.
- 3D Elevation Program Inventory - Validated information on known datasets and documented new datasets to update the national inventory of high-resolution elevation data - http://www.csc.noaa.gov/inventory/.
- Outreach - Conducted and coordinated National Geospatial Program outreach activities by attending a range of meetings, participating in conferences, and coordinating trainings and workshops to support the geospatial community in the State.
- Emergency Response - Liaisons provide general geospatial data discovery and acquisition assistance during emergencies as those events occur throughout the fiscal year.