The National Map partnership network cultivates and maintains long-term relationships with
partners and develops agreements for The National Map and other initiatives that support USGS
science. Partnerships are the foundation of The National Map because they leverage funding across
organizations to provide significant cost savings, reduce redundancy in geospatial data acquisition and
stewardship, and ensure availability of common base data to a broad range of users and applications.
City of Rocks LiDAR
USGS supported a cooperative project with the National Park Service to collect 80 square miles of high resolution elevation data...
January 20, 2012
Northern Rockies URISA Conference
USGS provides geographic science and leadership.....
May 21, 2010
Idaho Receives FY10 FGDC CAP Grant
Idaho has been awarded a grant from the Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) Cooperative Agreements Program (CAP) Category 4 to advance ...
March 10, 2010
Fiscal Year 2012 Highlights
- National Geospatial Program - Partnership to further classification of the raw data previously captured over the City of Rocks area to support multiple studies including flood analysis and response, vegetation mapping, structures mapping, land use planning, and habitat modeling by providing data for analysis.
- Idaho Department of Water Resources - Partnership containing four tasks to update the National Hydrography Dataset (NHD) in Treasure Valley, update the spring feature class over two-thirds of the State, update NHD flowlines with names, and update the NHD in other critical Idaho Department of Water Resources areas.
FGDC CAP Grant Support
- Innovate! Inc. - (Category 2: ISO Geospatial Metadata Standards Implementation) - This project will identify a process, plan, and workflow for two major geospatial data clearinghouses transitioning from the Federal Geographic Data Committee's Content Standard for Digital Geospatial Metadata (FGDC CSDGM) to the ISO 19115-2 metadata standard. Innovate! Inc. will leverage metadata resources (personnel, tools, practices, and content) from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Environmental Dataset Gateway (EDG) and the State of Idaho's INSIDE Idaho metadata clearinghouses in evaluating the requirements for transitioning from FGDC CSDGM metadata to ISO 19115-2.
- Coeur d'Alene Tribe - (Category 7: Geospatial Platform Cloud Service Testbed) - This project will begin migrating GIS services and data to a cloud-based service testbed to allow the Tribe to gain experience moving and maintaining the data in the cloud. The project will result in operational geospatial cloud services whose deployment costs and performance characteristics will be known and documented and support Federal mission requirements towards Office of Management and Budget Circular A-16 data development.
- Science Support - Assisted USGS biology, geology, and water scientists in obtaining imagery, elevation, and other geospatial data.
- 3D Elevation Program Inventory - Validated information on known datasets and documented new datasets to update the national inventory of high-resolution elevation data - http://www.csc.noaa.gov/inventory/.
- Outreach - Conducted and coordinated National Geospatial Program outreach activities by attending a range of meetings, participating in conferences, and coordinating trainings and workshops to support the geospatial community in the State.
- Emergency Response - Liaisons provide general geospatial data discovery and acquisition assistance during emergencies as those events occur throughout the fiscal year.